It is Pep Rally week and I am here today with the rest of the fabulous Paper Smooches Design Team to share a sampling of the NEW Paper Smooches March/April release with you! FOUR new stamps and EIGHT new dies will be available to purchase at midnight on March 5th (eastern time) (12:01 am on March 6th) You will find our new releases HERE.
To add extra fun to our blog hop, we are offering up a prize!
- FOUR winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the PS Blog.
- The prize is a $25. gift code to choose what you like at the PS online store.
- Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win! (You do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your chances).
- You have until midnight MT on Sunday, March 2nd to leave a comment.
- Please check the Paper Smooches blog on Monday, March 3rd to see if you are one of the FOUR lucky winners.
Heidi Van Laar
Wendy Sue Anderson <New Team Member! Whoot!
And here is my Out of the Box for Kim Kesti project. (Hee, hee).
Went a little crazy with this one. I am really enjoying getting some layouts into my albums and trying new things. A layout is like having a huge canvas to work with compared to a card. So, I used the new Star dies (some for a masking), the new Quotables Die (which you can barely see because I spritzed all over the place! It is above and below my photo). I also used the new Friend die for my title and a brand new stamp set that really amps up the older Frame die. Whew! Can you tell I had fun with this one? The extra accents are mostly new Amy Tangerine product from American Crafts.
So, now you must go forth and hop to all the other Paper Smooches gals. I always look forward to the end of the month. Grab another cup of coffee and enjoy! (Do not forget to leave me a comment about this crazy layout and Kim will enter you to win the gift certificate!)
Hello there! Excited to be posting another Paper Crafts Magazine Go To Gals Designer Challenge (whew, that is quite the mouthful). On the last Wednesday of most every month, the six Go To Gals post a project using the same line of product. This month we chose the fabulous Technique Tuesday!
Technique Tuesday creates hip and trendy clear stamps along with a lot of coordinating dies. The card I made uses one of my favorite combinations: The Puffy Hearts Trio and Puffy Hearts stamp set.
Totally die cut all of those hearts from scraps, then I scrambled around and found enamel dots that (more or less) matched the hearts. A simple stamped sentiment finished this quick and easy card. Too much fun.
Technique Tuesday has prepared six fun packages of stamps to give away, one for each of the Go To Gals blog posts. So, leave me a message about something that YOU “puffy heart” and I will enter YOU to win. Also, check out the other Gals right below for five more chances to win!
I wanted to try making my own enamel dots; here is how I did it.
1. I dropped little puddles of Glossy Accents on waxed paper. Glossy Accents is a dimensional adhesive, so I hoped that it would keep a domed appearance. It did! I noticed on the bigger drops that a few of them had a little tiny dimple in the center. So, I only ended up using the medium and small dots. Try different sizes for yourself! (Let dry overnight).
2. Paint the dots with nail polish. I personally do not wear nail polish, so I was flying blind here. I picked up three colors from the dollar store. Ha, ha. I am guessing that more expensive polish would work even better. The cheap stuff certainly worked, it puddled well on the dots and dried pretty quickly. I liked the bright colors. Fun to do! (And yes, I dropped too much polish on some, but found that I could trim them a bit when they were dry.)
3. Adhere them to your card! I used a tiny dot of white glue to attach them. Worked perfectly. They are shiny and cute. The best part? You can make like a million of them for just a few bucks. Would be perfect for when you need multiples of a certain color.
Give it a try, I think you will have fun. Just be patient and they will turn out!
It is Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the Paper Smooches February release with you! FOUR new stamps and EIGHT new dies will be available to purchase at 12:01am, Eastern time on February 1st. There will be an Anniversary celebration at the Paper Smooches blog on February 1st, so please stop by and celebrate with us! You will find our new releases HERE.
To add extra fun to our blog hop we are offering up a prize!
FOUR winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the PS Blog.
- The prize is a $25. gift code to choose what you like at the PS online store.
- Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win! (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your chances)
- You have until midnight MT on Sunday, February 2nd to leave a comment.
- Please check the Paper Smooches blog on Monday, February 3rd to see if you are one of the FOUR lucky winners.
To increase your chances of winning:
- Tell us that you Facebooked about our blog hop
- Tell us that you Tweeted about our hop
- Tell us that you posted on your blog about our blog hop
(which means that you have up to three extra chances to win on each blog)
Eloise and her little ponies! I just had to document this adorable phase of her life. I used the new Spectrum stamp set (think unicorns and rainbows) plus two new dies, the clouds and rainbow! LOVE!
I wanted to post a close up because that unicorn is so cute colored up. He fits it quite nicely with the other little ponies!
Enjoy the hop today! And don’t forget to comment, you just might win the $25.00 gift card!
Hi there! Welcome if you are visiting from the Simple Stories blog. If not, you are STILL welcome! Hee, hee. I am sharing some cards made with the new collections from Simple Stories. Please enjoy the following, and hop over to the Simple Stories Blog to see three more.
Made this card with an adorable journaling card, I just added a few extra stars that I dipped in my pigment ink pads. Super quick and easy. (All three of my cards are made with the A Charmed Life Collection).
Love using the die cut papers, they make such great cards! Thanks for taking a peek. I’ve been a slow blogger lately, hope to be around more in the coming months!
Popping in to say Congrats to Heather North who left this comment,
Such a fun giveaway! Thank you!
She was chosen via Random.org who picked number 226 out of 238! Kind of fun to have a later number picked.
So, I will email you, Heather. Thanks for ALL the sweet comments, friends. Crafty folks have the best blog readers in the world!
So excited! You know THIS is happening right now. The kids are back in school (sing it loud, baby) and I am teaching and chatting and gallery hopping over at Big Picture Classes. Create and Share Cardmaking just opened on Thursday and I am really amazed (once again) at the lovely response of the students. We are trading tips back and forth and some fantastic cards are already loading up in the gallery. These girls are ambitious!
You can still join in. Last chance to register is Wednesday! Click HERE for more information.
P.S. I am guest posting over on the Big Picture Classes Instagram this week! Follow them! They have a great Instagram, super happy and fun!
I have to admit, I am pretty darn excited about this announcement: Simple Stories Design Team.
Looking forward to working with the great Simple Stories company, love their products! Bright and sunny, just how I like them. Hee, hee. Here’s a card I made awhile back.
I think it is a pretty good philosophy for 2014, what do you think?
Some wonderful friends are having a ginormous blog hop today to say thanks to all our blog readers. 2013 has been a fantastic year, albeit one with many changes in our industry. But, I think we are coming out stronger in 2014. Personally, I am very excited to kick off the year with my new class, then dive into some extreme outdoor remodeling here at the house. Good times!
Here is the giveaway I am doing for the hop today. Over 75 crafty gals are participating, and they ALL have giveaways. So, with no further ado, here is the master blog hop list.
My Favorite Things Stamps
CAS-ual Friday Stamps
Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Julee Tillman: Verve Stamps
Avocado Arts Stamps
A Jillian Vance Design
Vera Wirianta Yates
Lee Ann Barrett
I thought I would share one of my favorite cards from this past year. I love the kraft bag, the cute stamps and the Jillibean Soup journaling card. So much fun. Please leave me a comment about your favorite card making experience in 2013 and I will enter you to win the prize shown above. I will draw a winner on January 6, 2014, MST Midnight.
Have a wonderful time hopping and of course, a fantastic kick off to 2014!
Three cheers for a wonderful New Year! And congratulations to our two winners, Caroline B and Rebecca F. Yay! I will send off an email to you two gals.
And, here is my second Pebbles project in as many days. I do a Project Life album but seldom do it in perfect weekly order, except at Christmas time. I suppose I treat it almost as a December Daily concept. I want to be a bit more active with my album in 2014, so stay tuned for more Project Life posts.
I love the colors of Pebbles You and Me Collection, so I based most of my December pages on the pink, gray and mint of this collection. I have also had fun trying out the new Teresa Collins Mega Tape Runner by Xyron.
I love the size (it fits perfectly in my adhesive drawer unlike my bigger ATG runner) and the adhesive is just what you would expect from Xyron. I have used this for quite a few cards but I was interested to see how it would perform with the pocket pages. I was really pleased, I like to adhere some items on the outside of my pages and this worked perfectly. Good job, Teresa and Xyron!
So, be sure to set aside some time in the next few days for a wonderful New Year Blog Hop! It is the return of the Seasons Givings Blog Hop. About 75 crafters have joined together for a blog hop starting tonight at midnight. AND, each and every one of them is doing a giveaway just to say thanks to our community. So, check back starting at midnight tonight!